- Our policy will always be to put your dog’s best interests and wellbeing first, especially in regard to their health, safety and comfort.
- Matted coats are painful and detrimental to your dogs health and will be clipped as short as necessary to safely remove the matting. We will consult with you prior to the groom as to what length may be required to eliminate any ‘surprises’. A matted dog release form must also be signed prior to the groom.
- To give your dog the utmost care and attention, we will never rush or compromise their groom. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, we reserve the right to cancel and reschedule the groom.
- We will always endeavour to accommodate your requirements and reschedule a booking if needed, however we do require 24 hours notice if you do need to cancel or reschedule, so that we can rebook the time to someone else. If you cancel in less than 24 hours, we reserve the right to charge 50% of the groom fee should you wish to reschedule.
- If you do not attend your appointment and have not attempted to contact us, you will be charged a 'no-show' fee of 100% of what your dog was booked in for. As we take a limited number of bookings each day and only groom one dog at a time, these appointments cannot be filled, which impacts our business greatly.
- We will endeavour to provide you with an accurate-as-possible price estimate for the groom. However, in order to safely, gently and caringly accommodate your dog’s physical and emotional needs, extra time is sometimes required. We will consult with you during the groom if this is the case.
- At Dogs of the North we provide a unique and exclusive grooming experience; your dog will be the only one in the salon for the duration of their groom. Therefore, we ask that you are available to collect your dog when the groom is complete.